Friday, August 7, 2009

WALK IN LOVE

Lady of Light

So often we are busy doing all kins of what we believe to be good things for others, in the church and in the community. Of course, there is nothing wrong with this but we must ask oourselves the question "What is our attitude? Are we "walking in love"? It is easy to do good things but in the more difficult circumstances and encounters with more difficult people - irritated sales help, unhappy strangers, people in a traffic jam or in a store line, relatives or friends who aren't always kind....what is our attitude and when we do these "good works" are we walking in love?

In Ephesians, 5:1, it tells us:

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."

In Verse 4, it says "Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather the giving of thanks."

It is often easy to sense when a person has a greateful heart, just by their smile, the light in their eyes and their manner of speaking. Let us be one of those people.
To help in having the right attitude, we need to reflect on what Christ did for us and the sacrifices he made and to ask God to give us more patience, kindness and gentleness as we go about our day and as we involve ourselves in works.

Even the smallest acts of kindness are important to God so let us not "hurry around and forget".

Whenever we see that something is in the word of God, we need to elevate it to a position of importance in our lives. I , for one, am going to slow down a little more and make sure I pay attention to people instead of rushing. This morning I stopped to talk to a group of people in my building - one lady commented that she didn't have a garden this year so I asked her if I could drop off some salad stuff from my garden for her. She brightened up and was delighted - it only took a few minutes of my time, but I know that if I allowed myself to rush around preoccupied I might have missed this opportunity.

See what you can do today to "walk in love" even more as you go about. Me too!

Have a great day and God bless you!

Lady of Light

No comments: