Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seek God's Will

Lady of Light

In John, Chapter 5:30, Jesus spoke and said - "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

For some reason, I was very distracted this week. My mind was filled with busy thoughts and there were alot of extra summer activities and doings. As I sat quietly yesterday, I could hear a still small voice saying - get into my word and stop thinking all of your own thoughts. I took this to be a prompting and so I realized that when we spend time in God's word, it does alter our thinking process.

In discovering Jesus' words as stated above, I realized that it is through the power of God and his word that directs us to think and do His will. This helped me to stop getting "caught up" in alot of unnecessary thoughts that weren't really edifying or productive.

We all need to take a cue from the Lord and seek not our own will but the will of God in our lives. Going into the word of God brings us back when we "stray".

Have a great Day and God bless you!

Lady of Light

No comments: