Monday, August 17, 2009

Paul's Prayer for Isreal

Lady of Light

In Acts, Chapter 10, Paul says, "Brethren, My heart's desire and prayer to God for
Isreal is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a heal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

I wonder how much this applies to us today - do we "establish our own righteousness" or do we seek God's righteousness? In Mathew 6:33, it says "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness..." The only way I know to do this is through the Holy Spirit, prayer, fellowship, worship and the learning and reading of the Word. If this was important enough for Paul to pray for for Isreal and whose people had a "zeal for God", it is also important that we as individuals seek this also and share with others who may not have the knowledge.

As I go about my day, I am going to be mindful of "seeking the righteousness of God" instead of my own righteousness and I hope you will do the same.

God Bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: