Sunday, August 16, 2009

God's Protection

Lady of Light

I am continuously amazed at all the many ways God protects us each day. Both physically and spiritually. It is natural to think about the things that do happen to us, but think of the many things that don't happen. During 9/l1, I was working at USB Painewebber, one block from the World Trade Center. I took the PATH every day and walked through the Trade Center to work down at the end of the street in the Harry Helmsley Building. On 9/11, I couldn't go to work because I was scheduled for medical tests at the local hospital. You can imagine my surprise when I looked at the small TV in the waiting room and saw the planes hit the Trade Center. "This is a a really terrible movie!" I told the person sitting next to me. Then I heard, "Reporting live from CBS news". I was shocked but then, of course, relieved that I wasn't there. God protected me that day and I didn't even know it until I saw the TV.

In the book of Acts, Chapter 28, it speackes about Paul, when he had gathered a bundle off sticks, and laid them on the fire (in front of the Barbarians), there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. They said among themselves, no doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead. Suddenly, but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

Now we know that Paul was not a God, but was protected by God for His purposes.
This caused the barbarians to take notice.

How often do we not suffer consequences that could befall us because God's hand is upon us? How often do you observe this with others? Our God is caring, protecting and capable of doing miracles in our lives, both physically and spiritually.

I am grateful, I know, for all God does in my life each day - I have to count my blessings because He goes before me in every situation.

I pray that you will continue to be in awareness of who God is as the great protector and what he does in your life and in the lives of others.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: