Sunday, August 23, 2009

Struck for Speaking Good

Lady of Light

Have you ever spoken something good and been put down? It is difficult to understand when this happens. Dr. Charles Stanley refers to this as "the backlash of the shadows of darkness." The bible tells us to "overcome evil with good." Despite the responses we get when we do good or share good, keep on keeping on!

In John 18:18-23, we have a situation where Jesus is questioned by the high priest:

"And the servants and officers stood there, who had made a fire of coals; for it was cold: and they warmed themselves: and Peter stood with them, and warmed himself. The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine. Jesus answered him, "I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, wither the Jews always resport: and in secret have I said nothing. Who askest thou me: as them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said."

And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priests so?

Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil, but if well, why smitest thou me?"

It is difficult to understand why we are persecuted for sharing the gospel, or for sharing or doing other good things. If this happens to you or someone you know, remember, it also happened to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He was persecuted,
and even crucified for speaking God's truth.

Continue to pursue good over evil and don't be concerned when you don't always receive a positive response. Love conquers all.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: