Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Poem for Today - Thank You For Your Angels

Lady of Light

I have selected this poem that I wrote after a mysterious ocurance where I believe an angel was sent by God to save my life. I was riding on Rte. 22 (New Jersey). If anyone knows this highway, they know it is busy and sometimes dangerous. I was in the left hand lane niext to the divider going 50 MPH. The hood of my car flew opened in the wind and my vision in front of me was obscured. I tried to steer and slow down, but I really was thinking I would crash. I called out to Jesus, and all of the sudden, in all of that traffic a very tall blond man had jumped through the traffic and pushed down the head of my car. When I looked to the side of the road to see him, he had disappeared! I believe he was one of God's angels. (When I had my oil checked at the gas station before I got on the highway, the gas station attendant didn't close the hood of my car properly and it opened as soon as I sped up on the highway.) What a miracle! Thank God!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANGELS

Lord, your statutes are great,
Your promises so good and wonderful.
I shall claim them, just like you knew I would.

Thank you that you send your angels to camp around me,
God of all mercy, God of all comfort, God of all love.
You reign from above - help me to experience that.

How, with your mighty hand, you calm life's storms,
With the balm of heavenly healing and that you take
Control of my every feeling.

Thank you for giving me a heart to praise your Holy name,
And for always being the same God.

(Partially based on Psalm 91:11-12 "For He shall give his angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways.")

Have a blessed Sunday!

Lady of Light

No comments: