Monday, January 14, 2008

How Do Americans Vote?


Lady of Light

In an article by Joyce Brothers last week, I found out some interesting information I would like to share with you. She wrote a quiz about politics and voting from which I take the following excerpt:

"Since Americans vote with their brains, they'll be looking for the most intelligent candidate regardless of gender."

The answer to this question, Dr. Brothers tells us is false. Studies have shown that more Americans vote for emotional reasons than for intellectual reasons.

This is why I am in agreement as I previously stated in another blog about Barbara Simpson's article is that our candidate selection has triggered many emotional reactions because of the race and religious actions.

I am taking that cue, as I began with Huckabee, to introduce some of the Republican candidates and share something about their stand on various issues, to try to combat this tendency that Americans have to "vote with their emotions." Perhaps as we take some time to ponder the issues and what each candidate stands for, it will be easier to allow our intelligence to enter the picture even if it isn't the natural tendency.

I know that I have felt more confident about evaluating the candidates after doing some objective research.

In between various articles and stories this week, you will see some profiles of the Republican issues. I hope that this will be helpful and enjoyable for you.

The next article will be about John McCain. This is timely because he has just risen and become the top presidential candidate for the Republicans.

So, relax and read on to the next blog! God bless you! Have a wonderful day as you increase your knowledge and stretch the intellectual awareness of the Republican candidates.

No comments: