Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Dawn Of A New Day

by Lady of Light

Today's poem is an early morning meditation that I had several years ago that just turned into a poem when I went to write it down. I guess I think more of new days right now because it is a new year!

THE DAWN OF A NEW DAY


The rows of houses, lining the still streets

are quiet from within,

It's the dawn of a new day about to begin.

Tje light peeks out from the darkness of night,

The birds begin singing - a true delight.

The beginnings of traffic can be heard in the street,

People raising early, the patter of feet.

The miracle of the sun and the sense of new light,

The dawn of a new day, wrought by God's might.

The dawn of a new day, so special and true,

Help me to be thankful and live it anew!


In the bible, these sentiments are expressed in the verse "This is a day that the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Philipians). I hope this litlle poem brightens your day.
God Bless You.

Lady of Ligh (Remember, I invite comments and guest poetry.)

No comments: