Thursday, January 3, 2008

At Home Fitness for Seniors and Those Unaccustomed to Regular Excercise

Lady of Light

I do my fair share of walking, but it just doesn't seem to be enough to call REAL exercise. A few years ago, a friend gave me an exercise video. I started using it, and then it just sat and collected dust - I forgot all about it.

Now, I know that praying, making another New Year's resolution with a plan, and finding an exercise buddy is what is going to do it for me. God answered my prayer because I met a neighbor right in my building who needs and wants to exercise and doesn't have time to go to a gym. She is also a Christian and so we recently became exercise partners. (My husband even joins in with us.)

The video is good because it has a section for upper body exercises that are designed to do sitting down. This is great for starting out or when you are tired. In case if anyone is interested, the name of the video is "PrimeTime Fitness" featuring Beverly Harris. This lady is full of energy and the rhythm and music perk you right up. I know that sometimes, if you hear of something that someone has tried - especially a tired, out of shape senior who is just starting out, you might want to give it a try! The aerobic part is great too, just like dancing! Fun!

Remember: 1. Make a resolution (or set a goal)
2. Pray
3. Find a partner, if possible
4. Do it regularly in the comfort of your own home
5. Select the video or DVD that is right for you
6, Have fun

Good luck! And you can pray for me - I need all the help I can get!!
video Distributed by:
Delo Enterprises, Inc.
3000NW 126 Avenue
P.O. Box 8447
Coral Springs, Fl. 30075-4447
(Make sure you check with your physician to be sure the program is right for you.)

2 comments:

Diane-ASDF said...

Hi Lady of Light,

Just to let you know that I feel you are covering subjects that are reminders for your readers. Sometimes we seem to forget some basics ... just how important exercise and diet are for healthy, whole lives. On this past December 10th, I was rushed to the hospital near death. In one week I came home. I want to thank the Almighty Creator for restoring my Gift of Life. Another gift of His is that He has led me to your new blog site.

With sincerity,
Diane-ASDF

Lady Of Light said...

I appreciate your encouraging comments - if I can inspire or remind people to do good for themselves and keep doing good for myself, I feel I'm on the right path. Our God is a loving father who wants us to have His best for our life which includes health and happiness. God Bless You, Diane

Lady of Light