Monday, March 31, 2008

Poem: Springtime

Lady of Light

This week I will share a poem I wrote for the season of Spring. Although the calendar date for Spring has passed and there are daffodils and hyacinths blooming in my garden, I left home in a winter jacket this morning - in New Jersey, there is still a chill in the air. At any rate, let's celebrate the beginning of Spring with the following thoughts:

Springtime

The sun, a soft shining circle of
yellow light,
Emanating lengthy light rays,
Penetrating through me as I
walk along,
Praising God for Springtime days.

The blades of green grass,
Standing tall, soft and velvet,
Peeking through the ground.
Praise you, Holy God,
Spring is all around.

The beauteous buds, blooming
mysteriously from every tree,
Springtime, you are truly a gift from
Heaven, wrought by the hands of thee.

The silence is interrupted by the melody
of the birds in glorious song,
Springtime, I've waited for God to send you,
Through the winter, I waited so long.

God Bless You! Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: