Friday, March 21, 2008

From the East to the West

Lady of Light

Many of today's songs use the phrase "from the East down to the West". The song "I Shall Be Released" which I have heard sung by my favorite Bob Dylan uses this phrase. In Psalm 103, verse 12, God uses it in a particularly wonderful way:

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Ps. 103:12

This is a very important thing to know about our God. He doesn't continue to hold on to or remember our sins when he forgives us, he removes our transgressions from us. So often we can think of mistakes we've made, sins we committed, and the enemy likes nothing better than to try to rob us of the love, joy and peace that God has given us. When I read Psalm 103, it tells me what God is like and how he doesn't come down on me the way I come down on myself sometimes. I thank God that he has removed my transgressions because this is something I could not do for myself but when I see what he has done, I can praise him and be thankful and be joyful once again.

I hope that as you get to know God, or continue to know God, you will remember this wonderful thing about him. It is a divine miracle that makes all the difference in the world how I feel about myself and my God when I meditate on this bible truth.

May God bless you today.

Lady of Light

No comments: