Sunday, March 23, 2008

Poem for Easter and Always

It is the almost the dawn of Easter Sunday. I sit and meditate on Jesus - especially after watching a special on CNN last night. I am so thankful that I have the comfort of knowing that He is risen.

In Acts, Chapter 7:55-56, at the end of Stephen's famous speech the bible says,

"But he (Stephen) being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, and said "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

This is a wonderful account and witness of where Jesus is now. He reigns in power and glory at the right hand of the father.

The birth, death and resurrection of Jesus is the only thing that can truly change our lives. We can truly rejoice when we know that he rose again, above death and suffering.

This is a little poem I wrote which comes from the bible verse,
"Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, today and forever":

Jesus Is The Same

Jesus is always the same,
He watches over me and
Even knows my name!

He is the same yesterday and today,
He hears and answers prayers without delay,
I always know without a doubt,
When I call on the name of Jesus,
Help is on the way!

forever will he be the same,
Jesus, I praise your holy name,
You send your comfort from above,
That's how I experience your unchanging love!

Jesus Christ the same--yesterday, today, and FOREVER!

May you have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Lady of Light

No comments: