Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Go Not In the Way of Evil Men

As I continue to read in the book of Proverbs, I se that it is really essential not only to pursue wisdom, but in verse 14 it specifically tells us "Enter not into the path of the wicked and go not in the way of evil men. So many worldly examples come our way on TV, advertising and radio and newspapers and magazines. I don't know about you, but I like to keep up with what is going on in the world to some extent. It inspires me to pray for our leaders when I read about Politics, and I just like to feel connected somehow. But we must be warned that whether we realize it or not, we are influenced by what we see. The way people make light of sin and wrongdoing. I can't believe this show "House" about a poorly groomed doctor who drinks alcohol, pops pills but he can do whatever he wants because he has a stroke of genius. Would you want someone like this to be your physician? I don't know if this is supposed to be a spoof or real but it offends me anyway.

When we watch the news, we hear of nothing but sinful behavior of men. We see the politicians bickering like unruly children. We say "All's fair in love and war>" I guess it has come down to "All's fair in Politics."

How do we know when we are really on the right path? When our minds aren't consciously and unconsciously affected by the world and its ways? Verse 18 tells us that"The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day."

The Proverb further addvises in Verse 23"Keep thy heart with all dillignce: for out of it are the issues of life." I know I pray to Jesus every day to guard my heart and my mind. If I would just steer clear of some of the unnecessary negative input of the media and stop reading everything in the newspaper, I know that I would be in better shape.

In Psalm 1 which I read the first day of the month it says simply "Blessed is the man who walketh not in the council of the ungodly or standeth in the way of sinners or sitteth in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

So the answer is, to meditate on the Word of God. Think about steering clear of the path of the evil man in thought, word and deed. Of course, we all try to do this, but it is really easier said than done somethimes. Thank God that he wants to give us wisdom, and show us to pursue peace.

My prayer for myself and for you is that your heart, mind and actions will give light unto a dark world.

God Bless You! Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: