Monday, April 13, 2009

Established in the Faith

Lady of Light

The Apostle Paul reminds us in Colossians 2:7 to be "Rooted and built up in him and stablished in the faith as ye have been taught abounding therein with thanksgiving"

Prior to this, he warns:

"Let no man beguile you with enticing words."

As we become rooted in the Word of God and in Christ, we are less apt to fall prey to the enticements that the world has to offer. I delete eighty per cent of my e-mail without even reading it unless I know the person it is from simply because it is loaded with enticements - make a lot of money, lose weight, meet singles, invest, etc etc.

Then there are the advertisements, magazines and sales pitch phone calls - always something to try to entice.

As I go through my day, I am thankful for Jesus because I don't have to fall prey to every enticement and every wind of doctrine.

Remain steadfast.

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: