Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Denial - Evident in all of us

Lady of Light

We know from reading the bible that Peter was a very special person who loved Jesus and when in Mark Chapter 14, they went to the mount of Olives, Jesus saith unto them;

"All ye shall be offended because of me this night, for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. And Jesus saith unto him, That this day, iven in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice." (Mark 14:28-30)

How we all try to have a loving relationship with Jesus. We worship him, we pray, we read his word and we commit our lives to him. Yet, in our old nature, we still sin, even if only in thought and sometimes by acts of omission and commission. It is good that we can join with David the Psalmist to say as is spoken in Psalm 23 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

We must not deceive ourselves as Peter did into thinking that we are immune to denying Jesus in some form by our thoughts or actions because if we are aware of this we can claim his promise in 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is just and faithful to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

So, as we walk humbly, in this awareness, we can experience the love, mercy and forgiveness of God in our daily walk and also learn to show love, mercy and forgiveness to others. When we ask for God's forgiveness and confess our sins, we receive a blessing and are most able to bless others.

I believe it is not meant for us to become discouraged by this revelation, but to receive the blessings of God and to bless others.

God bless you. Have a great day,

Lady of Light

No comments: