Monday, June 23, 2008

Share the Good News

Lady of Light

In the Gospel of Mark, Chapter Five, we find a man who is filled with demons who lives in the tombs. In Verse 9 it tells us

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

Jesus miraculously cast out these thousands of demons and the man was clothed and in his right mind. But the significant thing is that Jesus gave the man instructions

"Go home to thy friends and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee." Mark 5:19

How often do you think on the things the Lord has done for you and how often do you share this with your friends and family? It is what Jesus instructed this man to do. Perhaps he wants us to do the same.

I will say that the Lord delivered me from darkness and brought me into the light. He gave me salvation and renewed my mind and spirit. He delivered me from alcohol when I was 29 years old and has made me repent internally to obey him in my thoughts, attitudes and actions. Don't get me wrong. I still have to have an ongoing prayer dialogue with him, claiming I John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is just and faithful to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

It is a daily process and a daily journey but I know I can count on the Lord's forgiveness, guidance and strength.

The Lord often does good things for us through others.

One day I was meeting two of my friends at a small restaurant before church for coffee. A lady (all smiles and full of light) came into the restaurant. We were conversing - she asked us if we were going to church and told us what church she was going to. She was dressed up very nicely and I noticed a pretty gold leaf pin she was wearing on her lapel. I said,

"By the way, that is a lovely pin you are wearing."

She took the pin off and said,
"You can have it. I want you to have it because Jesus loves you and she gave me a big hug." Of course, at first, I didn't want to accept it. When I complimented her, I wasn't coveting the pin - just wanting to say something positive to her. But, the presence of the Lord was so strong as he surrounded me with his love through her hug, her words, and her utter generosity, I accepted it with tears in the back of my eyes.

Never had I seen such a demonstration of God's love so spontaneously from a stranger outside of the church. So, you see, God does miracles and blesses us when we least expect it. This has made me be a bit more outgoing in my faith, realizing how much God really can use us and work through us to bless others.

I challenge, not only myself, but you also to think of ways to be a blessing to strangers the way this woman was, and as the man in the tombs who was healed, share and tell others the good things God has done in your life.

God Bless You

Lady of Light

No comments: