Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Praise God with a Song

Lady of Light

As I read the Psalms, I am reminded that many were songs that were sung unto God. In Psalm 28:7, It tells us:

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."

Strength, shield, song! There is something wonderful about singing to the Lord. I find myself ocasionally breaking out in song when I'm cleaning the house or walking around. Usually some melody from bible study or prayer meeting sticks with me and I start humming or singing. I am glad to know that when I do this, I am obeying the scripture.
It is a good feeling. It feels free. When I myself don't feel this way, I put on the CD player and listen to others sing. Just recently my husband and I were blessed to receive CD's recorded live from the gospel tent at the New Orleans Jazz festival that my daughter and her boyfriend attended. These were just spontaneous breaking out in song and meditation in song - very inspiring.

So, when the spirit moves you, praise God with a song and listen to praise music as much as you can. I know you will be blessed the same way I have been blessed.

God Bless You,


Lady of Light

No comments: