Saturday, June 7, 2008

NEW EASY RECIPE FOR KITCHEN OR BARBEQUE

Lady of Light

I am always looking to cook something a little different - preferably easy and economical too! We went to bible study on Tuesday, and someone had made kielbasi. We hadn't thought about that in a long time and my husband said he would like me to make it. I went to the store and bought Hillshire Farms beef Kielbasi and called my neighbor whose family has done more Polish cooking than I. She gave me some advice on cooking and serving suggestions.

Polish Kielbasi

1 Kielbasi, boiled for 10-12 minutes
1 can of saurekraut
6 fresh carrots
4 medium red potatos
butter

Drain saurkraut, put in large pot with kielbasi and water
Cook for 10 -12 minutes

Peel, cut wedges, and boil potatoes covered in lightly salted water 20 minutes
Peel, slice and and boil carrots for 20 minutes.

Serve potatoes and carrots with butter on the side. Cut kielbasi in lengths or slices serve on top of sauerkraut.

To barbeque, use Kraft barbeque sauce and grill slowly on both sides turning often till browned and heated.

I hope you enjoy this suggestion. We sure did!

Have a good weekend!

God bless you


Lady of Light

No comments: