Sunday, May 18, 2008

Serve God with a Pure Heart and Willing Mind

Lady of Light

Many of us have heard the words "We are saved to serve." There is truth to this.
Let us look to a portion of scripture to gain some insight into this concept.
In 1 Chronicles 28:9 the bible says:

"And thou, Solomon, my son, know thou the God of my father, and serve him with a perfect heart and a willing mind: for the Lord searches all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: If thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off forever."

When we look at this advice, we see that the first thing we need to do is to know God.
It is our heart that God sees and our genuine willingness. He understands the human mind and our imaginations. Our hearts, minds and attitudes are more important to God than our outward actions so I just pray that I will be mindful of this in all that I do, and I hope that this meditation will also help you to be a true servant and to seek God more diligently. This is a very individual thing and very personal for each one of us.

We also know that this is significant because it is advice given to a son by his father. I am going to ask God to help me to have more willingness and not to overlook even small opportunities to serve him in new ways this week. I know that I will be blessed and I hope that you will do the same.

God Bless You!
Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: