Monday, May 19, 2008

God's Promise in the Midst of Trouble

Lady of Light

There are times when we all need revival...especially when we are in the midst of trouble. Even when we have what might be considered by some small concerns, I believe that the Lord keeps the same promises. In Psalm 138:6-8 it says:

"Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly; but the proud he knoweth afar off."

David continues: "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: Forsake not the works of thine own hands."

If we are humble, the Lord will respect us - watch out for when we become too proud! God says he will revive us and save us. God is interested in what concerns me! He will perfect it! What a great promise! I don't know what your concerns might be but I know that I have plenty. I try to remember to pray about them each day, but in this Psalm, God says he will perfect my concerns. This gives me a sense of peace in the midst of all my busyness and activities - in the midst of all the things that are happening in the world and with the people I care about. I hope that as you read this portion of Ps. 138 and meditate on it, you to will be blessed and experience revival and peace.

May God Bless You!

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: