Thursday, January 21, 2010

Touch

Lady of Light

Of all the senses, touch is one of the most interesting. We always say to people "keep in touch." When I look in the scriptures about the healing value of touch I see in Mathew 9:21 and Mathew 14:36 how touch is used in a good way:

"For a women said within herself, if I may but touch his garment I shall be whole.And Jesus said, "Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole."

"And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that we diseased: And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole." Mt. 14:35-36

Think of how it feels when someone hugs you or touches you in a positive way. Think of how it feels when God "touches" your heart when you pray. In our church, we lay hands on each other for prayer and healing.

Touch is just a beautiful blessing from God. Being able to feel the bark of a tree or the softness of a flower petal, being enhanced in life, this is wonderful.

I thank God for both His touch and the gift of touch and how my life has touched others and the lives of others have touched me.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: