Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Psalm 18 - God Protects Us from our Enemies

Lady of Light

Unfortunately, we all may have people who dislike us, hate us, or even desire to do harm towards us in some way, or maybe you have some people like this in your past.
In Psalm 18, it tells us that King David experienced much distress because of his enemies. In verse 17 David says:

"He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were
too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me because he delighted in me."

This certainly indicates that the Lord has the power to save us from the enemies and that he does intervene in our lives. David explains it in the following way in v. 20-24:

"The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. for all his judgements were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my rightousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight."

In v. 30, more simply put: "As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."

Often times, people think of retribution or getting even with those who have gone against them. But, according to these scriptures, all one needs to do is put their trust in the Lord and he will take care of these situations in his time and in his way. "Vengeance is mine, thus saith the Lord." It is helpful to realize that this is what God has told us so when we get upset about something that someone has done in our life, we need to pray, let go and let God.

This Psalm is a comfort to me and helps me to let go of any negativity in my life and especially in my thought life. I feel that I am free because I have let go of the old.

It is my hope that you too, will have this feeling as you let go of fears and grudges against those who have hurt you in some way.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: