Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Appointment

Lady of Light

Many times as we go through life, we pray for a touch from God for ourselves or others.
In the book of Acts 226-10, we read of how the Lord did "touch" and reach the apostle Paul, changing his life forever. Not only that, but he was given an "appointment" of the things which God wanted him to do. This is clear evidence that God wants to be involved in our lives, giving us life-changing power and direction. The account is as follows:

"And it came to pass, that, as I (Paul) made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. And I fell unto the ground , and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persectest thou me? And I answered, Who are thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, who thou persecutest. And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. And what shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do."

It is interesting that it was noon when the light came. On a sunny day, you know that the sun shines brightest at noon and yet, there was no doubt that this was a light from heaven - he fell to the ground. Also, it is interesting that no one else heard the voice of God, speaking to him. When God speaks to you, you are the only one who hears him, or when you receive a prompting from the spirit, you are the one who experiences it.

I believe that these verses are a great encouragement because if God can transform the life of Paul who was doing evil killing and imprisoning Christians, he can do a mighty work in our lives today. Also, the fact that God was interested in giving him instructions of what to do is an indicator that we don't have to simply wander through this world without clear direction.

So, as you pray for yourself for change and guidance as well as for others, be strong in your belief that God will hear and answer as he did in the life of the apostle Paul.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: