Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prayer for Deliverance

Lady of Light

We often think of praying for salvation, deliverance from sin, but in Psalm 59:1 - 3, David had something different in mind:

"Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men. For lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O Lord."

Here, David alludes to having enemies, not do to his own wrongdoing. How many of us have come in contact with people "who just didn't like us" or "who were against us when we did nothing wrong." First, we need to "check out" our own attitudes and be sure that we aren't thinking the wrong thoughts, saying or doing the wrong things against anyone. Then, we have to pray and commit to the Lord, for deliverance from
anyone who is against us for unjust reasons, and to keep us from violent people, or people who unjustly harm others, verbally or physically.

God is able to protect us and deliver us from all evil. Remember, that in the Lord's prayer, we asked to be delivered from evil. It wouldn't be in there, if it wasn't something that we need.

As you go about your day, remember that God will deliver you from your enemies and from evil if you pray like David did.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: