Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Truth of the Lord Endureth Forever

Lady of Light

This morning as I was dusting my dresser, I came across a verse from Psalm 117 on a calligraphy card propped in the corner. I love to have bible verses all over the house. This is a way of meditating during the day as I go about. I have framed inspirational verses and thoughts in my hallway between the living room and kitchen and my refrigerator is filled with a collection of various magnets with verses as well. Psalm 117 is a short Psalm. It contains only two verses:

"O praise the Lord, all ye nations; praise him all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us; and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord."

Why should we praise the lord? Because he is kind, merciful and truthful and that is forever! Forever is a long time. We have many fleeting finite experiences here on earth, but God's love and mercy and truth lasts for all eternity. Isn't that a great and wonderful thought?

I have often heard it spoken "Only what you do for Christ will last." So, as you give God's word, witness and do kindness in His name, you can rest assured that you are making an eternal investment. In the same way, when you receive blessings like this from others and from His word, that too is for all time.

As you go about in your routine, remember to bless others with God's eternal gifts and to be open to receive that blessing yourself.

Have a great day!

God bless you!

Lady of Light

No comments: