Sunday, August 10, 2008

God Maintains Our Righteous Causes

Lady of Light

In Psalm 9:1-5 David speaks about what God does concerning his enemies and how he maintains his cause:

"I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee; I will sing praise to thy Name. O thou, Most High. When my enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou sat in the throne judging right. Thou has rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked,, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever."

In our world today, there are many who we consider our enemies because of the way they think or behave, not only towards us, but in general. Praise God as David does that God will continue help the righteous and help their cause. This is a great witness of God and who He is above all.

In verse 9, it says:

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."

It is good to know that we always have a refuge in God as so many things go on in life and the world.

One of my favorite hymns is "He Hideth My Soul in the Depths of the Rock." I have a grateful heart today for being reminded once again of the goodness and love of God.

May God Bless You

Lady of Light

No comments: