Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Promise of Perfect Peace

Lady of Light

It is so easy to be filled with many thoughts about life and all that goes on in the world. It is sometimes disconcerting when we hear the news and when we have to deal with unfortunate things that come up in life. Two of my women friends passed away recently. They were both in their 50's and died rather suddenly. Another friend lost her son who just graduated from high school. I cried because I am human, but I was very glad when one of my dear friends pointed out the scripture - a wonderful promise from God in Isaiah 26:3.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Through my tears, I hear a small voice inside me saying "Be still and know that I am God." Suddenly, I found peace as I meditated on God and was filled with comfort and the knowledge that he is in control and I was reminded that trusting him especially means that when you don't understand why something happens in life, that is when to turn it over to God. The tears stopped and this is a new day in which I share this with you so that you too can be blessed by these verses.

Pray for my husband who is having surgery today. God has given us comfort and peace. Pray that our minds, spirits and hearts will be stayed on him and that we will experience the fruit of the verse in Ps 103:3:

"Who forgiveth all thine iniquities and who healeth all thy diseases."

I just thank God that I have the knowledge that he is with us and that he is adequate for all situations.

Lady of Light

No comments: