Sunday, February 3, 2008

Update on Obama Comments

Lady of Light

I am going to spend some time making additional comments on the issues of the substance of the Republicans but before I get into that, I want to update my comments about Obama.

I n answer to my reader's letter about not voting for Obama, I said that I really didn't know about him. Since that time, I heard Obama give a clear profession of being of the Christian faith for the last 20 years and he and his wife have also dedicated their children to Christ.

I know from the people I have spoken to that comments about his religious beliefs raised doubts in the minds of some people. On Tommy Christopher's blog, I have been touted as "Lady of Darkness" and "Lady of Ignorance". I was also told to keep religion out of politics. I wasn't the one who put it there - others raised these issues about Obama long before I printed my reader's letter.

Because I do not like to see anyone smeared or treated unfairly, I gave the links for articles that dispelled negative myths about Obama. I like Obama. I am a Democrat. I am voting for Hillary because I believe she is the best candidate with the most previous experience that will be positive in the White House - it would be great if Obama could be Vice President.

I originally backed Senator Chris Dodd until he withdrew from the race and then John Edwards until he withdrew.

I am being completely candid about my position but the purpose in writing articles is to help readers to know something about the substance of the Republican candidates, and I do write about all subjects from a Christian perspective when applicable.

I am always very interested to look into what the bible says on all issues. Future articles will be about what the bible says about Separation of Church and State. The first of these articles appeared last week dealing with the book of Daniel.

I encourage you to read and comment.

Lady of Light

No comments: