Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today's Poem: A Snowstorm

We have had a relatively mild winter so far in New Jersey where I live. However, we just had a snowstorm this past Tuesday - enough to cover the ground a few inches, and remind us that winter really is here! I would like to share my poem and do hope you will enjoy it.

A Snowstorm

Soft, white, feathery flakes fall around,
Silently creating a pure white blanket,
Covering the ground.
Its still and quiet flakes by rhythmically
Through the air.

The birds are hidden in the branches
Of a tree.
Covered with the white beauty ,
From the hand of Thee.

God, you made the winter snow,
Creating this awesome sky,
I am just going to thank you, Lord,
For creating from on High.

Soft, white, feathery flakes,
For everyone to see,
Marveling in the midst
Of this miracle,
Is every joy and happiness
to me.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Lady of Light










No comments: