Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

Today is Super Tuesday. Many will be voting today. I would like to make a few brief comments about Huchabee and McCain in terms of their eonomic plans. The economy seems to be one of the most important issues in the campaign. In an article that I read which summarized the economic positions of Huckabee, I would say I am against the "Fair Tax' and illiminating the IRS and Social Security - this plan is just too radical for me. I don't see how it would really work. We don't want to take away the power of consumers. McCain's ideas are a little better.He is for tax cuts and also for an exemption on estate taxes which sounds reasonable to me. I am not sure what he wants to do with unemployment insurance, but I like the idea of job retraining programs for the unemployed.Both candidates agree that we need to spend less and also veto "pork barrel" bills.
I also agree with this.

On the esubject of Iraq, both candidates are against timetables for withdraawal which I think is good. Huckabee is against partitioning Irag. I am not sure what this means. McCain is for promoting economic development and a stable, accountable government. This sounds to me like a good idea. Being concerned about how the people are living is a good vision towards the future. It is not just winning the war, but improving things that will make the difference long range.

Whichever candidate you vote for, only one will be the Republican Presidential Candidate. I believe that McCain is the strongest, but I see that Mitt Romney won Maine and seems to be doing better than expected. It will be an exciting race, and their will be TV coverage all day and all night.

I encourage you to get out and vote because your vote makes a real difference in this election.
I am voting Democrat because I am a registered Democrat, and I am voting for Hillary Clinton. I think she is most experienced and best for President.

We will see at the end of today, after the polls close who will be competing in the November election. I just hope whoever wins will facilitate some long needed improvements to boost our economy among other things.

God Bless Your!

Lady of Light

No comments: