Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Love your Enemies

Lady of Light

Do you ever feel that there are people who are against you? Or people who have done things to hurt you in the past? Jesus says" Love your enemies and do good to them that hate you." How can we do this? With the heart of God.

In 1 John 4:7 the bible tells os, "Beloved, let us love one another for love is of God and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God." So it is God who gives us the capacity to have a heart of love.

In Psalm 27, David speaks of what God does for him in terms of his enemies:. Ps. 27:4-6. " One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek after that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in the temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hdie me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me: he shall se me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy: I will sing yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord>"

To overcome your enemies and trouble, live in the presence of God and His beauty and let him lift you. Praise God in spite of difficulties or difficult people and let him lift you up above your circumstances and your enemies as well. Trust him to hide you in his pavilion as David has said.

We don't always understand why we have enemies or trials, or trouble in our lives but Charles Stanley said in a recent sermon that it is to build our character and make us more Christlike.

Aoel Osteen said in a recent sermon: Don't focus on how big your problems are, focus on how big your God is>"

Whatever it is that you are going through in your life, remember that it is only temporary and I hope you will take in the wisdom that I have shared with you from Gods word, and from some wise Christian leaders.

Charles Stanley says 'Do the right thing, and leave the consequences to GOd." So when people don't respond the way you expect when you are doing the right thing, don't worry. Just commit it to God, love your enemies and keep going.

God Bless You. Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: