Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Poem for Today "A Lost Leaf"

Lady of Light

Super Bowl Sunday is here! In NJ, we have a perfect, mild weather day so I am going to go out and stretch my legs before tonight's game. You might think I should write a Super Bowl poem but I could only come up with some sing song rhyme that didn't sound to good. ..
"The meatballs are cooking in the kitchen, there's a pile of chips,
Mom is in there making all kinds of crazy dips!!
Soon the players will be on the screen,
It's going to be the most exciting game you have ever seen!
May the best team win!
They usually do,
We'll find out which one is really true!
Enjoy the time with family or a friend,
Route for your favorite team til the end!"

Now, I will print my usual Sunday poem - I wrote this about 10 years ago and it kind of fits in with winter. When I go walking, I still see a few stray leaves on the ground:

The Lost Leaf

A lost leaf, drifting around in the winter wind

Blown out of a tree,

No longer connected to the branch,

Plucked away to a new location,

Still possessing the beauty of the coat of color

Painted by the fall season's sun.

A misfit on the winter ground, surrounded

By shriveled leaves,

Discovered by another leaf whose fate was

Similar.

We found each other and we parted,

A lost leaf, drifting from the past to the future -

New ground.


God bless you, have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: