Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Blessings of God All Around Us

Lady of Light

I have thought of several more resolutions for the New Year. First, to count my blessings more often and to continue to discover new ones. Second, to use my creativity as much as possible. If you have gifts and talents, I hope you too, will make it a priority to use and develop them to a greater extent in 2008.

I have decided to make Sundays on my blog poetry day. If you read my interests, you will see that they vary, and I am going to work with different ones on different days.

I hope you enjoy this and if you live in the Jersey area, that it will especially cheer you on what has been a ""grey day".

THE BLESSINGS of GOD ALL AROUND US

Life is made up of lots of little things:

The way the tree branches dance in the wind,
The melodic communication of the birds,
The soothing sound of a bubbling brook.

The smell of apple pie baking in the oven,
The sweet savory odors emanating from a nearby kitchen,
Memories of a holiday celebration,
Thoughts of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years,.

The smiles of bystanders on a busy street in town.
The touch of a loved one,
A hearty hug from a friend,
The handshake of a stranger.

Sights, sounds, smells, significant thoughts and memories.

A cheerful card or note,
A surprise phone call from a friend.

May the tiniest blessings of life
Never come to an end,
Flowing out and around us that we might
Experience the exhilaration and vitality of our existence--

Ever finding new and different things that life has to offer
As the blessings of God
Shine so brightly
All around us.

No comments: