Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Work of the Holy Spirit

Lady of Light

We read in Mark, chapter 13: 10-11 that Jesus spoke the following:

"And the gospel must first be published among all nations> But when they shall lead you and deliver you up, take you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost."

We need to spread the gospel, share the word and witness to others. Sometimes we may think that we are not equipped or do not know what to say but Jesus made the point that we don't have to concern ourselves about that because it is the work of the Holy Spirit in us that will guide us as we speak. This is an encouragement to me because I find myself in many situations with people and I am continually amazed at how the spirit works to put God's word and witness on my tongue. I praise him and thank him for this.

I hope that you will go forth in faith, and share with all the people you come in contact with because "you may be the only "Jesus" that they ever see."

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: