Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wait on the Lord

Lady of Light

I don't know about you, but sometimes I find it difficult to wait for things. It isn't near as bad as when I was a small child, but there are still times when I want to take matters into my own hands instead of waiting on the Lord. I then pray for patience.

In Psalm 27:14, David writes, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Being of good courage means praying and waiting - it doesn't always mean just "jumping in there". There is courage and there is GOOD courage. When we wait on the Lord and have GOOD courage, he strengthens our heart.

We can be thankful for this promise. We all need to be strengthened of heart.
If you listen to the news, you are bombarded with tragedies every minute. When you read the newspaper, you see some good news, but, once again, there are enough troubling things going on to encourage anyone to pray and wait on the Lord.

As you go through your day, I pray you will experience patience and the peace of God so that you may wait on Him and be blessed.

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

1 comment:

Lady Of Light said...

Thank you for reading my blog - hope you will continue with it. Thanks also for the website - I'm an amateur at chess but might learn something from it.

Lady of Light