Monday, March 23, 2009

Hear the Cry of the Poor

Lady of Light

So often as we go through our day, we tend to "filter out" things around us. I was walking down the street the other day, mentally engrossed in the contents of a meeting I had just attended, and a small voice interrupted me, "Can you spare some change?" I looked up and there was this older lady standing in a doorway. I dug in my wallet and pulled out a dollar for her. She smiled and thanked me. I was rushing to catch a bus so I did not get into a conversation with her. But I heard "the cry of the poor." Scripture speaks of God hearing the poor in Ps. 69:33

"The humble shall see and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God. For the Lord heareth the poor and despiseth not his prisoners."

I believe that this means not only the people who are poor in money or material goods, but those who are needy emotionally and spiritually as well.

Take time to listen to the needs of the poor and to respond in prayer and action and surely the Lord will bless you for it.

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: