Monday, July 21, 2008

Rejoice in the Salvation of the Lord

Lady of Light

In Psalm 20, there is an interesting song or prayer:

"The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee."

How often do we go about our business until something happens and then call out to the Lord? Just tonight, my husband was choking and I was slapping him on the back, crying to the Lord for help. Everything turned out fine, thank the good Lord but all day long, although I said a few quiet prayers to myself, I didn't need to call out to God until something happened. Isn't it nice to know that the Lord will help us, save us and defend us against all trouble?

In verse 6 of Psalm 20 it says:

"Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed, he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand."

I love verses that say positive things about God in his relationship to me because I know from this verse, that even though it may not feel that way all the time, God does hear us and can save us with his strength.

These verses were a special encouragement to me today and hope they are to you also.

God bless you,

Lady of Light

No comments: