Tuesday, July 22, 2008

King David's Plea to God

Lady of Light

In Psalm 22:19-22 we see a portion of the plea David is making unto God and what he says he will do in response:

"But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword, my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth:for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation I will praise thee."

We can just about imagine that David was having much difficulty and as the
"man after God's own heart" he is known to be, he turned to God and asked him to be near. Also, he mentions the lion's mouth which we know from bible history, that God did deliver Daniel from the lion's den. I know that when I have fallen prey to idle gossip, I have felt as if the lions were trying to devour me but I always remind myself that if God could close the mouths of the real lions, he can quell negative talk and gossip that at times surrounds me or goes on behind my back.

But David is going to then praise God in the midst of the congregation. To me this means that it is important to gather with other believers and participate in praise activity. We are to express our praise in the midst of the congregation. I am going to remember these verses when I am at church or prayer meeting and continue to be freer in expressing my praise to God with other believers. I know that I will be blessed and so will everyone else. I hope that you give yourself the experience of praising God in the church or congregation this week and be a blessing and be blessed. And remember, like David, call on the Lord when you are troubled. He is always there to deliver us.

God Bless You!

Lady of Light

No comments: