Saturday, June 25, 2011

Walk in Love

Lady of Light

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor" (Ephesians 1-2)

These verses are relatively simple, but contain abundant information. The first is that we are God's dear children - this fact is awesome and Christ has given himself up for us. We can therefore, follow God and not only love (because He first loved us), but we can walk in love.

Sometimes we can get "out of shape" - we need to walk more or exercise more to become physically fit. As we "walk" in love more and more, we become spiritually fit and, if we follow God as his children on faith, it is possible to do this. Think of even small daily situations - waiting in line at the grocery store, for example. When I have a lot of items and someone comes behind me with only a few, I smile and let them go ahead of me. When I can share a smile, or a kind word as I encounter people throughout the day, I do. Starting in small ways has helped me with the privilege of learning to treat the people that God has brought in my life with more love and respect. Being a child of God has truly changed my attitude. Consider these things in your own life and "grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ."

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: