Thursday, November 26, 2009

Make a Joyful Noise

Lady of Light

My favorite Psalm for Thanksgiving is Psalm 100. I liked it so much that I used to have a music ministry called "Make a Joyful Noise".

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord; Serve the Lord with gladness. Come before His presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord is God. It is He who hath made us and not we, ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful unto Him and bless His name...."

It is early Thanksgiving morning. I have made my preparation and now it is time to give praise and thanks to God for all the wonderful blessings He has given
me. The greatest thing I am thankful for is the Lord, Himself and that He died on the cross for me, a sinner, that I might have eternal life. As pleasant as it is to
celebrate and feast with family and friends, I am aware that this world is only a temporary dwelling place, and that our eternal dwelling place is in Heaven with
the Lord.
Still, I am thankful for the Lord's power and provision here on earth and for the gift of love - family, friends and fellow man. Every day there is a myriad of miracles for which we can praise and thank God.
Whatever your circumstances, I guarantee that if you really think about it, you will find things to be thankful for.
Norman Vincent Peale once said, "Attitude is everything." It is so true so let us go forth on this Thanksgiving day with an "attitude of gratitude."
I pray especially for the soldiers and those who can't be with their families that they would have special comfort from God on this day.
Happy Thanksgiving!

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: