Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Especially for Mothers

Lady of Light

Several days ago, many of us celebrated Mother's Day. The bible has an interesting promise regarding mothers. In 1 Timothy 2:14-15, it states:

"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in transgression. Notwithstanding, she shall be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

Although, there are conditions involved in this, it does explain that a woman is saved though having children and that "Children are a Blessing from the Lord." I know that many of you did not necessarily get to see your children on Mother's Day if, like myself, you have adult children that do not live nearby. I am happy that my children are living busy happy lives and now that they are grown, I believe it is my job to continue to pray for them and for my grandchildren as well.

I hope that each of you hold your children close in your heart and prayers whether you see them or have contact with them or not, and those of you that have children at home, enjoy your children while they are still with you. The time moves faster and faster, it seems as they get older.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: