Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reproving and Rebuking

Lady of Light

In Proverbs 9, we receive instruction about reproof and rebuking. First of all, the Word tells us,

"Forsake the foolish, and live: and go in the way of understanding." When you forsake someone, you don't reprove or rebuke, you leave the person alone. The Word goes on to say:

"He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot. Reprove not a scorner lest he hate thee. Rebuke a wise man and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser; teach a just man and he will incarease in learning."

So, we must be selective about who we speak to and what we say. We must also place ourselves in the category of the wise and become wiser with instruction and reproof.

I wish to go in the way of understanding and as I read further in Proverbs 9:10 it says the following:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

As I think of this, I realize that my inner attitude towards God is what determines the ability to be wise. I always feel that I need divine wisdom and I ask God for it.

I hope that you to will desire to "go in the way of understanding - forsake the foolish and live."

Have a Great Day!

God Bless You!

Lady of Light

No comments: