Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wisdom

Lady of Light

Proverbs 8: 10-20 describes wisdom and how we should seek after it:
"Receive my instruction and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it I, wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and rich and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement..."

We often mix up our value system and in reading Proverbs 8, I can see that to value wisdom above other things is best. In the book of James, it says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." James 1:5-7.

I am glad that we can ask God, and trust God to give us divine wisdom when we need it. So when you find that you are facing different trials and situations in life, it is a true comfort to know that you can ask and rely on God's wisdom.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: