Friday, June 8, 2012

Serving Jesus

Lady of Light

In John Chapter 12:23-32 states in the words of Jesus:

"The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone, but if it die, it bringeth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my father honor. Now is my soul troubled and what shall I say? Father save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying I have glorified it and will glorify it again. The people therefore said that it thundered: others said an angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said This voice came not because of me but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to me."

These verses are chocked full of information to help us to understand Jesus better and to understand God's will concerning him. Jesus says that if we follow him and serve him it will give honor to God. He asks God to glorify His name and also says that he (Jesus) will draw all men to him. This is a great promise. May you be blessed as you meditate on this passage.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: