Friday, March 2, 2012

I Corinthians 2:3 -What is the church??

Lady of Light

In 1 Corinthians:3 we are looking at Paul's greeting or opening in his letter to the church, it says:

"Unto the church of God (which is at Corinth), to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place, call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours..."

Although this greeting was primarily for the Corinthians, it is to "the church of God" and Paul greets not only the saints of Corinth but "all that in every place" call upon the name of Jesus Christ."

If you are part of the church, you are

1) Sanctified (set apart)
2) Called to be saints
3) Belong with all in every place that call upon the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord.

When I meditate on this verse, I think of how God has sanctified me, saved me, and set me in unity with all who call upon His name. This broadens my view of myself, others and the church. Sometimes, we think of the church as people gathered in one building, usually the place where we gather, but here, Paul is giving us a much broader vision of who we are in Christ and who belong with us.

May you too, be blessed from this meditation.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: