Wednesday, February 29, 2012

God's Mercy

Lady of Light

In Romans 9:15 it says "For he (God) saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy."

Sometimes we have a tendency to think that we are in control, but it is God who shows mercy and compassion or stirs our hearts to mercy and compassion in the Spirit. A human tendency may be to think that someone should "get what they deserve" in certain situations, but it is really up to God if he chooses to show mercy or compassion or to stir us to do so. I know that I have had care and compassion for some situations and that it has come from God because, in my own strength without him, I wouldn't have this.

As you go about your day, thank God that He is in control, that He is merciful and compassionate as He chooses, and that He stirs us to compassion and mercy at times.

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: