Sunday, October 23, 2011

Charity

Lady of Light

In I Corinthians 13:1-2, Paul tells us:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

It goes on to tell us that charity suffereth long, is kind, envieth not, vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemingly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, is not easily provoked.

How many of us truly have charity? We often do charitable acts, but do we have the right inner attitudes? I believe, that in God's spirit, we can have all of this, if the old nature doesn't get the better of us. Let us meditate on what charity really is, so that we can pray for God to give us a right heart in these matters.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of light

No comments: