Saturday, July 9, 2011

God Changes People

Lady of Light

The epistle of Philemon is a letter written by Paul to advocate for a slave named Onesimus who ran away from his master and went to Rome where Paul was. While he was there, he became converted and he was a changed man. Paul convinced him that the right thing to do was to return to his master and so Paul wrote his master a letter. In the letter - Philemon v. 10-11, Paul makes mention of Onesimus' transformed life:

"I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds: Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me"

Onesimus was converted and persuaded to go back to his master and Paul requested that his friend, Philemon, receive Onesimus as a brother.

There may be people that you know who have changed their lives over time - sometimes even family members who are away from the family for a while - receive them well when they return. I know that God changed me and he continually changes others.
It is just a good thing to remember, because sometimes, we dwell on people's mistakes and miss the good things that God has done in their life as time goes on.

God bless you and have a great day!
Lady of light

No comments: