Saturday, May 8, 2010

Obedience

Lady of Light

I came across this poem in one of my older notebooks. I do not know who the author is, but I think it is very well put and would like to share it:

I said, "Let me walk in the field."
He said, "No, walk in the town."
I said,l "There are no flowers there."
He said, "No flowers but a crown."

I said, "But the skies are black,
There is nothing but noise and din."
And He wept as he sent me back;
"There is more," he said,"There is sin."

I said "Butthe air is thick
And fogs are veiling the sun"
He said, "Yet souls are sick,
And souls in the dark undone."

I said, "I shall miss the light
And friends will miss me, they say."
He answered, "Choose tonight
If I am to miss you or they>"
I pleaded for time to be given,
He said, "Is it hard to decide?"
It will not seem hard in Heaven
To have followed the steps of your Guide."
I cast one look at the field,
Then set my face to the town;
He said, "My child do you yield?
Will you leave the flowers
for the crown?"

Then into His hand went mine;
And into my heart came He;
And I walk in a light divine,
The path I had feared to see.

Are we willing to make sacrifices to walk with Jesus? It is something we all need to think about. He sacrificed so much for us.

God bless you and have a great day!

Lady of Light

No comments: