Monday, January 26, 2009

A Message From A Dear Friend

Lady of Light

Last May, my dear friend Jane went home to be with the Lord. I miss her and think of her often. When her husband was clearing out some of her belongings, I packed away some keepsakes. We are getting ready to move soon, so I was going through all of the things in my closet. There was one bag with things wrapped carefully in newspaper.

As I opened the items, one by one, first I saw little Christmas presents I had bought for friends at flea markets in the summer and had forgotten to give them out at Christmas. Then I came across two lovely miniature tea pots that I bought to enhance my knicknac collection.

Lastly, I found a beautiful new coffee mug. "Oh my," I said to myself,"This belonged to my dear friend, Jane. I looked carefully at the message on the mug and got a warm feeling, thinking, Janie is sending me a message from above right now:

"May blessings come from heaven above to fill your life with peace and love."

I felt that she was sending me this comforting wish!

Life is full of blessings and surprises. Our God is so good!

Have a great day!

Lady of Light

1 comment:

absentee said...

That was a beautiful moment. I'm so thankful you shared it.

- Caleb